ALEC’S ICE CREAM, INC.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect such Personal Information as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Payment card information
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes: Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Site’s functionality to you, such as arranging access to your account and providing you with related benefits, promotions, or customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To complete your transactions, process refunds, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our company and products.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. Some of these promotions have additional rules, which you should read before choosing to participate.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, such as to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended, and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud prevention and security monitoring purposes, such as to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, such as understanding which parts of our Site are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, refund authorization, fraud prevention, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may use, disclose, or transfer your information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Services and response rates.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails from us by following the instructions contained in each such email. If you opt out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you would like to request to correct, update, or delete Personal Information, you may do so through your account settings. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
We are located in the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE
Attn: Alec Jaffe
Alec’s Ice Cream, Inc.
419 1st St
Petaluma, CA 94952
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.